Kazakhstan condemns Ukraine drone attacks on CPC terminal
The Government of Kazakhstan has condemned Ukraine’s latest drone strikes on a Caspian Pipeline Consortium terminal on the Russian Black sea....
South Korea says it must hold further talks with Washington before a promised reduction in U.S. import tariffs on Korean cars can take effect, leaving a 15 % duty—due to replace the current 25 % rate on Thursday—in doubt.
South Korea’s Industry Minister Kim Jung-kwan told parliament on Wednesday that Seoul and Washington “need additional consultations” to set a start date for the lower tariff on car exports to the United States.
The uncertainty follows President Donald Trump’s announcement last week that most South-Korean goods, including vehicles, would face a reduced 15 % levy as part of a wider trade accord with a key Asian ally. The new rate is scheduled to begin on Thursday, but Kim said no timetable had been finalised.
Japan’s chief tariff negotiator, Ryosei Akazawa, said he would travel to Washington this week to urge the White House to sign an executive order that would similarly lower U.S. duties on Japanese cars.
Kim added that the two countries would keep talking about proposed online-platform legislation to ensure U.S. technology companies are treated on a par with domestic operators, an issue that “remains a major concern” for U.S. officials and businesses.
No deal was reached on opening South Korea’s farm market to more U.S. beef, rice or fruit, but the minister agreed to streamline quarantine inspections—regarded in Washington as a non-tariff barrier. Finance Minister Koo Yun-cheol said the United States had pressed for “a rational and scientific” clearance process for produce exports.
The tariff dispute comes as South Korea, the world’s seventh-largest exporter, seeks to balance its security alliance with the United States against economic ties with China, its biggest trading partner.
At least 47 people have died and another 21 are reported missing following ten days of heavy rainfall, floods, and landslides across Sri Lanka, local media reported on Thursday (27 November).
Hong Kong fire authorities said they expected to wrap up search and rescue operations on Friday after the city's worst fire in nearly 80 years tore through a massive apartment complex, killing at least 128 people, injuring 79 and leaving around 200 still missing.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth visited sailors aboard the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier in the Latin American region on Thursday, amid a military buildup by President Donald Trump’s administration that has heightened tensions with Venezuela.
At least 153 people have been killed in Sri Lanka after landslides and flooding caused by Cyclone Ditwah, officials said on Saturday, with 191 others missing and more than half a million affected nationwide.
The Spanish agricultural sector has been placed on high alert following the confirmation that African Swine Fever (ASF) has resurfaced in the country for the first time in over thirty years.
The Government of Kazakhstan has condemned Ukraine’s latest drone strikes on a Caspian Pipeline Consortium terminal on the Russian Black sea.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela should be considered "closed in its entirety", but gave no further details.
China announced a sweeping inspection of fire-safety standards in high-rise buildings nationwide on Saturday after a deadly fire in Hong Kong left at least 128 people dead.
The death toll from floods and landslides following cyclonic rains in the Indonesian island of Sumatra has risen to 303, the head of the country's disaster mitigation agency said on Saturday, up from a previous figure of 174.
Hong Kong on Saturday mourned the 128 people known to have died in a massive fire at a high-rise apartment complex, a toll that is likely to rise with 150 still missing days after the disaster.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment