San Diego Mosque Attack: Expert says there is a global connection driving these attacks
More than 2,000 people gathered in San Diego this week for funeral prayers honouring three men killed while trying to stop an attack at the Islamic...
Germany and the U.S. will deliver five Patriot air defence systems to Ukraine as Russian missile attacks intensify, signalling a renewed Western push to strengthen Kyiv's defences, according to German Defence Minister Boris Pistorius.
The announcement was made during the 29th Ukraine Defense Contact Group meeting and follows Pistorius’ recent trip to Washington, where he reached the deal with U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth.
This comes amid a spike in Russian ballistic and drone attacks on Ukrainian cities, including Kyiv,.
The Patriot missile system, capable of intercepting advanced ballistic and cruise missiles, is considered one of the most effective air defence tools in the world. With the war now now three and a half years in, Ukraine sees these systems as critical to shielding its population and infrastructure from long-range Russian strikes.
U.S. President Donald Trump confirmed earlier this month that Washington would send Patriot systems to NATO for redistribution to Ukraine, reversing an earlier pause in arms transfers. Trump stated the alliance would finance the move, and later announced that the shipments had already begun.
Germany will fund two of the systems, while Norway is contributing one and has expressed readiness to finance more. Norway, a NATO founding member, is a strong supporter of Ukraine, pledging F-16 fighter jets and a $7 billion aid package over five years.
Currently, the U.S. has supplied three Patriot batteries to Ukraine, with three more from Germany and an additional one from a European coalition. Some are undergoing routine maintenance.
Switzerland, which had ordered Patriot systems scheduled for delivery between 2027–2028, has been informed by the U.S. that the order may be delayed as the units are redirected to meet Ukraine’s urgent needs.
It remains unclear whether the systems will go directly to Ukraine or be used to backfill NATO allies donating their systems to Kyiv.
Asian stocks surged on Thursday as some vessels resumed passage through the Strait of Hormuz, while forecast-beating results at Nvidia and a suspended workers' strike at Samsung Electronics lifted shares of chipmakers.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Belarus will not be dragged into the war in Ukraine, while also stressing that Minsk and Moscow would jointly respond to any aggression against them.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
The penultimate day of the World Urban Forum 13 in Baku will see Azerbaijan's Pavilion highlight post-construction efforts in Garabagh and East Zangezur, as well as host events on the future of Baku and architectural education.
As the 13th edition of the World Urban Forum ended, Azerbaijan's Pavilion showcased reconstruction efforts in its liberated territories and foregrounded the importance of mine removal in resettlement efforts.
China already dominates the global rare earth supply chain. Now, scientists have discovered new deposits in northeastern China that could prove cheaper and cleaner to extract than those mined elsewhere in the country.
More than 2,000 people gathered in San Diego this week for funeral prayers honouring three men killed while trying to stop an attack at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, in what authorities are investigating as a suspected hate crime.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said negotiations with Iran remain deadlocked over uranium enrichment and the Strait of Hormuz, despite what he described as modest progress in recent talks.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said he was pessimistic that an agreement would be reached before Friday’s deadline regarding Hungarian oil company MOL group's bid to acquire a majority stake in Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS), the operator of Serbia’s only oil refinery.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment