San Diego Mosque Attack: Expert says there is a global connection driving these attacks
More than 2,000 people gathered in San Diego this week for funeral prayers honouring three men killed while trying to stop an attack at the Islamic...
Rwandan President Paul Kagame welcomed the U.S.-mediated peace agreement with the Democratic Republic of Congo, but warned its success depends on both sides showing genuine commitment.
Speaking in Kigali, Kagame thanked Washington for helping facilitate the deal signed last week but said, “They are not the ones to implement what we have agreed.” He stressed that Rwanda would honour its commitments but warned: “If the other side plays tricks, we will respond as we have in the past.”
The peace deal, signed in Washington with U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio present, outlines steps to respect territorial integrity, cease hostilities, and demobilise armed groups in eastern Congo.
However, the powerful M23 rebel group, widely believed to be backed by Rwanda, is not a signatory to the agreement. The group’s spokesman said it remains committed to a separate peace process led by Qatar.
The conflict in eastern Congo has displaced around 7 million people. The U.N. calls it one of the world’s most serious humanitarian crises.
Congo hopes the U.S. will now provide security assistance to push M23 out of major cities like Goma and Bukavu. Kagame, meanwhile, maintains Rwanda has the right to defend its borders and denies backing the rebels, despite multiple U.N. reports alleging Rwandan military involvement.
Asian stocks surged on Thursday as some vessels resumed passage through the Strait of Hormuz, while forecast-beating results at Nvidia and a suspended workers' strike at Samsung Electronics lifted shares of chipmakers.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Belarus will not be dragged into the war in Ukraine, while also stressing that Minsk and Moscow would jointly respond to any aggression against them.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
The penultimate day of the World Urban Forum 13 in Baku will see Azerbaijan's Pavilion highlight post-construction efforts in Garabagh and East Zangezur, as well as host events on the future of Baku and architectural education.
As the 13th edition of the World Urban Forum ended, Azerbaijan's Pavilion showcased reconstruction efforts in its liberated territories and foregrounded the importance of mine removal in resettlement efforts.
China already dominates the global rare earth supply chain. Now, scientists have discovered new deposits in northeastern China that could prove cheaper and cleaner to extract than those mined elsewhere in the country.
More than 2,000 people gathered in San Diego this week for funeral prayers honouring three men killed while trying to stop an attack at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, in what authorities are investigating as a suspected hate crime.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said negotiations with Iran remain deadlocked over uranium enrichment and the Strait of Hormuz, despite what he described as modest progress in recent talks.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said he was pessimistic that an agreement would be reached before Friday’s deadline regarding Hungarian oil company MOL group's bid to acquire a majority stake in Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS), the operator of Serbia’s only oil refinery.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment