live Trump says U.S. not seeking to extend interim deal with Iran
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with...
Tensions in the Middle East are continuing to escalate as Iran and U.S.-backed Israeli forces exchange strikes for a sixth consecutive day, with Tehran reporting mounting civilian casualties and warning it is prepared for a prolonged war.
AnewZ was granted access to the site of buildings destroyed in Israeli–U.S. air strikes on Tehran, although ongoing attacks in the area prevented journalists from reaching the exact location of the blast.
The conflict entered its sixth day on Thursday, with both sides intensifying their exchange of attacks - both militarily and in their rhetoric.
Iran’s security chief, Ali Larijani, claimed that Iranian strikes had killed 500 U.S. troops. Speaking in Tehran, he said the Islamic Republic was prepared for a prolonged conflict.
“Unlike the United States, Iran is ready to fight a long war,” he said, warning that Tehran would continue its military response.
Meanwhile, the Iranian Martyrs Foundation said civilian casualties had surpassed 1,000 since the start of the conflict. According to the organisation, around 200 of those killed were schoolgirls who died when their school building was bombed earlier in the week.
The escalation came as Iran prepared for the burial of the country’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, who was killed last Saturday on the first day of the war. Authorities said funeral preparations were under way in Tehran.
At the same time, Iran’s provisional leadership council continued meetings to determine the procedures for a national vote that will help shape the country’s political leadership in the aftermath of the attack.
President Masoud Pezeshkian, one of three members of the interim council, also issued a message to leaders of regional countries that host U.S. military bases.
In the statement, he said Tehran respected the sovereignty of those nations but insisted Iran had been forced to respond.
“Iran had no option but to retaliate in self-defence after it was attacked from these bases,” the president said.
At least 11 people were killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, among the deadliest since a June ceasefire. Meanwhile, Qatar denied holding Iranian pilots. It said it had found the remains of one pilot after an airspace violation and had contacted Iran to coordinate a handover.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
A wildfire in Croatia driven by strong winds descended on the tourist town of Omis overnight, engulfing houses, forcing about 1,000 people to evacuate to safety and injuring dozens, fire brigade and health officials said on Friday.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Residents of villages in eastern Indonesia hit by a deadly earthquake that killed at least 54 people were awaiting aid on Monday as rescuers prepared to comb through collapsed buildings in search of people trapped beneath the rubble.
Iran says it will use all diplomatic and legal channels to determine the fate of three Air Force pilots it believes are being held in Qatar after their fighter jets were downed during the March war.
Kazakhstan has launched a unified digital platform to track coal supplies in real time, giving officials a clearer view of production, shipments, stocks and prices ahead of the heating season.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s push to end the war in Gaza returned to the diplomatic arena on Sunday (16 August), as his envoys met Egyptian, Qatari and Turkish mediators in Cairo while Israeli strikes continued across the strip.
At least 11 people, including three children and two women, were killed in Israeli airstrikes in southern Lebanon on Saturday, according to Lebanese authorities, in one of the deadliest escalations since a U.S.-mediated framework was agreed between Lebanon and Israel.
As the countries of the Turkic world seek deeper economic integration, the Turkic Investment Fund (TIF) is positioning itself as a key financial vehicle for turning political cooperation into tangible development projects.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment