Rubio pushes energy ties as U.S. seeks to reset strained India relationship
The United States is stepping up its efforts to rebuild ties with India, with Secretary of State Marco Rubio using his visit to New Delhi to promot...
North Korea has officially acknowledged it deployed troops to support Russia’s war against Ukraine, calling it a demonstration of its firm alliance with Moscow.
North Korea has confirmed for the first time that it has deployed troops to fight alongside Russia in the war against Ukraine, under the direct order of leader Kim Jong Un.
The announcement comes after Russia claimed last week that Ukrainian forces had been expelled from the last village they held in Russian territory — a claim Kyiv has denied, insisting its troops are still operating in Belgorod, another Russian region bordering Ukraine.
North Korea’s ruling Workers' Party said Kim made the decision to send troops under the comprehensive strategic partnership treaty he signed with Russian President Vladimir Putin last year. The Central Military Commission stated that North Korean forces regarded Russian territory as their own and said their deployment proved the "firm alliance" between the two countries.
The Workers' Party added that regaining control of the Kursk region demonstrated the "highest strategic level of firm militant friendship" between Pyongyang and Moscow.
Russia also confirmed that North Korean soldiers have been fighting alongside its forces in Kursk, after months of refusing to confirm or deny their involvement.
Ukrainian officials estimate that North Korea has sent around 14,000 troops, including 3,000 reinforcements to replace losses. Although initially lacking armored vehicles and drone warfare experience, North Korean forces reportedly adapted quickly despite suffering heavy casualties.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Belarus will not be dragged into the war in Ukraine, while also stressing that Minsk and Moscow would jointly respond to any aggression against them.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
As the 13th edition of the World Urban Forum ended, Azerbaijan's Pavilion showcased reconstruction efforts in its liberated territories and foregrounded the importance of mine removal in resettlement efforts.
A French appeals court has found Airbus and Air France guilty of corporate manslaughter over the 2009 Rio–Paris crash, marking a major development in a case that has stretched on for 17 years.
Start your day informed with the AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top stories for the 22nd May, covering the latest developments you need to know.
The United States is stepping up its efforts to rebuild ties with India, with Secretary of State Marco Rubio using his visit to New Delhi to promote energy cooperation.
At least 90 miners have died in a gas explosion at a coal mine in northern China, in what is the country's deadliest mining accident in 17 years. The blast occurred on Friday at 19:29 local time (11:39 GMT) at the Liushenyu coal mine in Shanxi province, according to Chinese state media.
Start your day informed with the AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top stories for the 23rd May, covering the latest developments you need to know.
SpaceX has completed a largely successful test flight of Starship V3, the largest and most powerful rocket in history.
Ukraine’s military denied that it struck a student dormitory in the Russian-controlled Luhansk region on Friday (22 May).
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment