Pakistan turns to U.S. crude as Hormuz disruption exposes energy risks
Pakistan is turning to more U.S. crude as disruption around the Strait of Hormuz exposes the risks of its heavy reliance on Gulf energy supplies....
Britain will continue to support Ukraine “100 per cent” against Russia’s invasion, Prime Minister Andy Burnham said on Tuesday, after Moscow warned London of consequences over reports that British-made drones had been used in strikes on Russian territory.
Burnham said Britain’s support for Kyiv would remain unchanged, continuing a policy pursued by previous governments.
“This is the UK doing what it has long said it would do, which is to support Ukraine 100 per cent against this illegal war led by Vladimir Putin,” Burnham told reporters.
“We are not fair-weather friends. We will be there in Ukraine’s hour of need, and that won’t change,” he added.
Russia issued its warning after The Times reported that British-made drones had been used for long-range strikes against Russia for the first time.
The Russian embassy in London said Britain’s actions would have consequences, accusing London of deepening its involvement in the conflict.
“London’s actions will inevitably carry consequences for which it will have to answer,” the embassy said in a statement posted on Telegram.
Britain’s Ministry of Defence did not confirm whether British-made drones were involved in the reported strikes.
Ukraine has increasingly used long-range drones to target Russian oil refineries, logistics facilities and other infrastructure linked to Moscow’s war effort.
In June, Britain said it would provide 150,000 drones to Ukraine by the end of 2026 as part of a £752 million ($996 million) support package.
A Ministry of Defence spokesperson said Britain remained committed to supplying Ukraine with the equipment needed to defend itself against Russia’s invasion.
Moscow has repeatedly warned Britain and other Western allies that military support for Kyiv could heighten tensions and raise the risk of a wider confrontation.
At least 11 people were killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, among the deadliest since a June ceasefire. Meanwhile, Qatar denied holding Iranian pilots. It said it had found the remains of one pilot after an airspace violation and had contacted Iran to coordinate a handover.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Residents of villages in eastern Indonesia hit by a deadly earthquake that killed at least 54 people were awaiting aid on Monday as rescuers prepared to comb through collapsed buildings in search of people trapped beneath the rubble.
Russia has summoned Japan’s ambassador to Moscow and delivered a strong protest over what it called “anti-Russian” remarks by Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi and Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi concerning four disputed islands.
Pakistan is turning to more U.S. crude as disruption around the Strait of Hormuz exposes the risks of its heavy reliance on Gulf energy supplies.
U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) Commander Xavier Brunson visited South Korea's Defence Ministry on Tuesday to discuss plans to scale back the joint Ulchi Freedom Shield military exercise, according to media reports.
European countries are stepping up investment in drones and counter-drone technology as unmanned systems reshape modern warfare, driving demand for new production and capabilities across the continent.
Canada is heading towards another difficult trade deadline, with Prime Minister Mark Carney trying to prevent new U.S. tariffs that businesses warn could cost jobs and weaken already struggling industries
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment