Three killed in San Diego Islamic Centre shooting as police confirm suspects dead
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found ...
Search engine startup Perplexity AI has updated its merger proposal to TikTok's parent company, ByteDance, aiming to combine Perplexity with TikTok’s U.S. operations, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Sunday.
The revised proposal outlines the creation of a new U.S. holding company, "NewCo," which would manage the merged entities. Under the plan, ByteDance would sell TikTok U.S. to investors, granting TikTok’s existing stakeholders equity in NewCo.
The U.S. government would hold up to a 50% stake in the new company after a future initial public offering (IPO) with a minimum valuation of $300 billion, the source said. ByteDance would retain TikTok's core recommendation algorithm.
Perplexity AI also offered to be acquired by the new entity, provided its investors receive equity distributions in NewCo. CNBC first reported details of the merger proposal.
TikTok services in the U.S. were restored last week after President Donald Trump, following his return to power, lifted the ban on the app, which was previously blocked under national security concerns. ByteDance and the White House have yet to respond to Reuters' requests for comment.
President Trump stated on Saturday that he is engaging with multiple parties over the future of TikTok and expects a decision within 30 days. Earlier this month, Reuters reported that Perplexity AI had submitted an initial bid to ByteDance proposing a merger rather than a direct sale, which the company believes could increase the likelihood of the deal’s success.
Bulgaria has won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time, taking victory in a final overshadowed by a boycott over Israel’s participation and the war in Gaza.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
U.S. President Donald Trump says China's Xi Jinping agreed Iran must reopen the Strait of Hormuz, as Tehran prepares a new shipping mechanism. Tensions over the U.S. blockade and stalled nuclear talks continue to disrupt global oil supplies.
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found dead after the attack, authorities have confirmed.
At least four people have been killed in protests across Kenya over sharp fuel price rises, as a nationwide transport strike brought parts of the country to a standstill.
Gunmen killed at least 10 people, including women and children, in an attack on a rural community in Nigeria’s northwestern Katsina State, residents said.
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s upcoming visit to China is expected to focus on strengthening bilateral ties, particularly through expanded trade and economic cooperation.
Israeli military strikes across Gaza killed at least eight Palestinians on Sunday, according to local health officials, as the Israel Defense Forces intensified operations targeting Hamas commanders and infrastructure across the enclave.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment