Israel, Colombia announce mutual visa exemption from September
Israel and Colombia will waive advance visa requirements for travellers from 1 September as the two countries move to restore diplomatic and econom...
India will resume issuing tourist visas to Chinese citizens from 24 July, its embassy in China said on Wednesday, marking the first time in five years as the two countries seek to mend strained relations.
Tensions flared after a deadly 2020 military clash along the disputed Himalayan border.
India responded by restricting Chinese investments, banning hundreds of Chinese apps, and cutting passenger routes.
China suspended visas for Indian citizens and other foreigners around the same time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but lifted those restrictions in 2022, resuming visas for students and business travellers.
Tourist visas for Indian nationals remained restricted until March this year, when both sides agreed to restart direct air services.
Relations have gradually improved, with several high-level meetings held last year, including talks between Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Russia in October.
India and China share a 3,800 km (2,400-mile) border disputed since the 1950s.
The two fought a brief but brutal war in 1962, and negotiations have made slow progress.
In July, India’s foreign minister said both countries must resolve border tensions, withdraw troops, and avoid “restrictive trade measures” to normalise relations, he told China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
The collective-defence agreement between Türkiye, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan signals that regional powers no longer want to rely solely on external security guarantees. Whether it becomes a stabilising deterrent or another axis of rivalry remains unresolved.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
Shipping through the Strait of Hormuz has slowed, according to the latest data, as uncertainty over the waterway’s reopening kept most shipowners away. Six commodity vessels crossed the strait on Tuesday, down from nine the day before and below the 10-day daily average of 11.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 20th of August, covering the latest developments.
Russian ballistic missile strikes on Ukraine’s capital Kyiv has killed at least sixteen people and injured more than forty others, Ukrainian officials said, with fires reported across the city and Poland activating defensive air operations.
Flights at Catania airport in Sicily will remain suspended until early Friday as ash from Mount Etna continues to disrupt air travel, following hundreds of cancellations and diversions over the past week.
The U.S. has made its visa bond programme permanent for citizens of 50 countries, requiring some business and tourist visa applicants to pay refundable deposits of up to $20,000. Several Central Asian countries remain on the list, but Uzbekistan is not.
Kazakhstan is set to become the first country in Central Asia to introduce electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) air taxis into its transport system.
The wreckage of a Pan American Airways passenger plane that crashed in 1952 has been located on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean after a seven-year investigation led by the Air/Sea Heritage Foundation in partnership with the Discovery Channel, according to a recent press release.
Afghanistan and Türkiye are considering a tourism agreement to promote historic and religious sites, ease travel and train tourism workers, Afghan authorities said after talks in Kabul on Monday.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment