live Trump says attack on Iran was paused, signals possible nuclear deal- Middle East conflict
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that he had paused a planned attack on Iran after Tehran sent a peace proposal to Washington. He said th...
In 2024, one million more children completed the full three-dose vaccination series for diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough (DTP) than in the previous year, according to a new report from the World Health Organization (W.H.O.) and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).
The WHO and UNICEF reported that 109 million infants received all three doses of the DTP vaccine last year, while 89% of infants globally - 115 million children - received at just one dose.
Despite the improvement, 14.3 million children still received no vaccines at all, missing critical protection.
The world remains off track for the Immunization Agenda 2030 goals, with fragile and conflict-affected countries accounting for half of all unvaccinated children, according to the report.
Officials warn of rising “zero-dose” numbers in such regions and signs of stagnation elsewhere.
The joint report added that the global target of 90% remains distant, and measles coverage is far below the 95% threshold needed to prevent outbreaks.
Both organizations are urgently calling on governments and relevent partners to:
Progress has been made in expanding vaccines for HPV, meningitis, and polio, with HPV coverage among girls rising from 17% in 2019 to 31% in 2024.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), warning that the situation poses a significant risk of cross-border spread in Central Africa.
Eurovision Song Contest once again proved how unpredictable its outcome can be, with Bulgaria’s Dara turning a late surge into a dominant win while several expected contenders collapsed early. At the same time, the absence of the South Caucasus region from the final raised questions.
A luxury polar expedition vessel linked to a hantavirus outbreak has arrived in Rotterdam, where health authorities have placed the final 27 people on board into quarantine and have begun containment measures.
Medical teams are being rushed to eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) following a fast-moving Ebola outbreak that has already caused dozens of suspected deaths and raised fears of wider regional spread.
The World Health Organisation’s designation of the Bundibugyo Ebola virus outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) is a stark reminder that Ebola remains a persistent global health threat rather than a disease of the past.
The risk from hantavirus to the general public remains very low, and the U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has more than 100 staff members actively working on the outbreak, a governmental health official said on Wednesday.
A Dutch hospital has quarantined 12 staff members as a preventive measure after blood and urine from a hantavirus patient were handled without observing strict protocols, according to officials, as medics around the world work to stop the spread of the outbreak.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment