Afghan businesses seek new trade links at Iran construction expo
Afghan business representatives are seeking new trade and investment opportunities at Iran’s 26th International Building Industry Exhibition,...
An amended lawsuit accuses Jay-Z and Sean "Diddy" Combs of raping a 13-year-old girl at a 2000 party in New York. Jay-Z denies the allegations, calling them a "blackmail attempt," while Combs, already facing federal charges, maintains his innocence.
An amended lawsuit filed in federal court on Sunday accuses rap mogul Jay-Z of raping a 13-year-old girl alongside Sean "Diddy" Combs at a party in 2000.
Jay-Z dismissed the allegations on social media, condemning the lawsuit as part of a "blackmail attempt" by the plaintiff's lawyer. Legal representatives for Jay-Z have not yet responded to requests for comment.
The lawsuit was initially filed in October in the Southern District of New York and at that time did not name Jay-Z as a defendant, although the amended lawsuit states that Jay-Z was referred to as "Celebrity A" in the original complaint.
Combs has denied all allegations against him, including this one, in October. He is presently in jail on federal sex trafficking charges, to which he has pleaded not guilty.
The lawsuit claims that the unnamed girl was drugged and raped by both Jay-Z and Combs at a party hosted by Combs after the MTV Music Awards in 2000, which took place in New York.
Tony Buzbee, the Texas lawyer representing the girl who filed Sunday’s lawsuit, has previously filed at least 20 civil lawsuits against Combs, accusing him of sexual misconduct.
In an email to Reuters, Buzbee stated that the Jay-Z lawsuit "speaks for itself."
"This is a very serious matter that will be litigated in court," Buzbee wrote.
In the amended lawsuit, Buzbee claims his legal firm had previously sent Jay-Z a letter proposing to mediate a settlement.
The lawsuit alleges that Jay-Z responded to the letter by filing a lawsuit against Buzbee and "orchestrating a conspiracy of harassment" against Buzbee and other lawyers in his firm, which the lawyer described as an intimidation tactic intended to silence his client.
On social media, Buzbee stated that the alleged victim he is representing "never demanded a penny" from Jay-Z, writing that "she only sought a confidential mediation."
Last week, Buzbee filed a lawsuit against the law firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, whose lawyers represent Combs and Jay-Z, accusing the firm's legal team of harassing his colleagues, clients, and family.
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan has not responded to requests for comment.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
The collective-defence agreement between Türkiye, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan signals that regional powers no longer want to rely solely on external security guarantees. Whether it becomes a stabilising deterrent or another axis of rivalry remains unresolved.
Shipping through the Strait of Hormuz has slowed, according to the latest data, as uncertainty over the waterway’s reopening kept most shipowners away. Six commodity vessels crossed the strait on Tuesday, down from nine the day before and below the 10-day daily average of 11.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes aim to disrupt alleged military-linked supplies, while the attacks have caused billions of dollars in losses and wider economic pressure.
American actress Hayden Panettiere, known for her roles in TV shows such as Nashville and Heroes, has died at the age of 36, ABC News reported on Sunday, citing her representative.
Four artworks by 15th-century painter Antonello da Messina have been stolen overnight from the Museo Regionale di Messina, Italy's culture minister said on Sunday, expressing confidence in the police inquiry.
Cristiano Ronaldo has given one of his clearest indications yet that his playing career is nearing its end, saying the 2026-27 season will “probably” be his last in professional football.
The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) has changed Eurovision Song Contest rules to allow a winning country to be blocked from hosting if security risks, armed conflict or geopolitical tensions make it unsafe to stage the event.
Each summer, Gabala becomes a gathering point for artists, musicians and audiences from across Azerbaijan and beyond.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment