Türkiye condemns Israel's West Bank land move as illegal under international law
Ankara has condemned an Israeli plan to register large areas of the occupied West Bank as state property, a move widely criticised internationally and...
Pakistan’s military has accused India of orchestrating cross-border terrorism, presenting what it calls solid evidence of Indian army officers sponsoring attacks on Pakistani soil, particularly in Balochistan.
Pakistan’s military on Tuesday accused India of carrying out state-sponsored terrorism inside the country, including in Balochistan, claiming to have undeniable proof involving Indian army officers and drones, according to PakistanToday.
Addressing a press conference, Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (DG ISPR) Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry said India’s claims linking Pakistan to the April 22 Pahalgam attack were baseless and unsupported by evidence. The attack in Indian-occupied Kashmir left 26 people dead, mostly tourists. No group has claimed responsibility.
“Seven days have passed, and India hasn’t provided even a shred of evidence,” he said. In contrast, he claimed Pakistan had “irrefutable evidence” of India’s involvement in sponsoring terrorist networks within Pakistan.
He described how a Pakistan-trained militant, allegedly backed by Indian army officers, was arrested on April 25 in Jhelum. Authorities recovered an IED, mobile phones, and cash. A follow-up raid on his home revealed an Indian-made drone and Rs1 million. Forensic analysis reportedly confirmed Indian military links.
Lt Gen Chaudhry named four Indian army officers—Major Sandeep Verma, Subedar Sukvinder, Havildar Amit, and another unnamed soldier—as handlers. He played audio said to be of Major Verma coordinating payments and attacks with a militant named Abdul Majeed. The DG claimed the IEDs used in these attacks were delivered by drones and had been used in four incidents.
“It’s not just RAW,” he said. “Serving Indian army officers are directly involved.”
The DG said that following the Pahalgam incident, Indian handlers escalated terrorist activity across Pakistan. Intelligence pointed to plans to activate sleeper cells and militants, including groups like the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
This spike in activity, he noted, was evident when 54 militants were killed trying to infiltrate via North Waziristan from Afghanistan, with the total rising to 71 in subsequent operations.
In a related escalation, Pakistani forces shot down an Indian drone near the Line of Control (LoC) in Azad Jammu and Kashmir, as cross-border firing continued for the fifth straight night—ending four years of relative calm.
Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi stated that border activity was being closely monitored and that Pakistan would respond firmly to any incursion. He also hinted that India’s rising hostility could be linked to its domestic political motives, including upcoming elections.
Separately, Pakistan’s UN Mission reiterated that the March 11 Jaffar Express attack—where BLA militants hijacked a passenger train—was “externally sponsored” and pointed to its regional adversary as responsible.
That operation ended on March 12, with all 33 attackers killed and hostages safely rescued, according to Pakistan Army officials.
U.S. Ambassador to NATO Matthew Whitaker said China has the power to bring an end to Russia’s war in Ukraine, arguing that Beijing is enabling Moscow’s military campaign.
Austria’s Janine Flock won the gold medal in the women’s skeleton event at the Milano-Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics on Saturday.
Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Secretary Ali Larijani said the United States could evaluate its own interests separately from those of Israel in ongoing negotiations between Tehran and Washington.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio on Sunday (15 February) called it “troubling” a report by five European allies blaming Russia for killing late Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny using a toxin from poison dart frogs.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Saturday that Russia’s decision to change the leadership of its delegation for upcoming peace talks in Geneva appeared to be an attempt to delay progress.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Washington is ready to pursue diplomacy with Iran as nuclear talks resume in Geneva, using a visit to Budapest on Monday (16 January) to reaffirm both U.S. negotiating aims and strong ties with Hungary ahead of its April election.
Geneva is set to host two sets of negotiations on Tuesday, with U.S. officials meeting Iranian representatives in the morning and a trilateral session on Ukraine scheduled for the afternoon. The talks aim to advance a resolution of Iran’s nuclear programme and a U.S.-brokered peace plan for Ukraine.
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards navy held military exercises in the Strait of Hormuz on Monday (16 February), state-linked media reported. The drill took place a day before renewed nuclear negotiations between Tehran and Washington in Geneva.
A man accused of carrying out Australia’s deadliest mass shooting in nearly three decades appeared briefly in a Sydney court on Monday (16 February), facing terrorism and murder charges over the 14 December attack on a Jewish Hanukkah celebration at Bondi Beach that left 15 people dead.
The 2026 Munich Security Conference (MSC) unfolded over three intense days in Munich, confronting a defining question of our era: has the post-Second World War international order collapsed - and if so, what will replace it?
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment