The Israeli military said on Friday it had killed Hassan Farhat, a commander of Palestinian militant group Hamas, in the Sidon region of southern Lebanon.
The Lebanese Health Ministry said three people were killed in an Israeli strike on an apartment in Sidon.Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam's office said the attack was a clear violation of a U.S.-backed ceasefire which ended last year's war between Israel and the Iran-backed Hezbollah group.
The ceasefire has appeared increasingly precarious in recent weeks, with Israel striking the Hezbollah-controlled southern suburbs of Beirut twice and rockets being fired on two occasions from Lebanon towards Israel.
Hezbollah has denied any role in the rocket fire.
Read next
11:36
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has expanded its ground operations in northern Gaza today. The military stated that the operations aim to widen Israel’s buffer zone along the Gaza border.
13:30
Elbit Systems, Israel’s largest defense company, has secured a $130 million contract to supply advanced rocket munitions to an undisclosed European country.
17:00
Judicial Reform
Israeli citizens have protested outside the Knesset and Prime Minister’s residence against a controversial law that would alter the judicial appointment committee, a move critics warn could shift power within the judiciary and spark a constitutional crisis.
09:17
The Houthi group in Yemen claimed responsibility for a series of missile and drone attacks, targeting Ben Gurion airport in Israel and U.S. warships in the Red Sea.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment