Trump says attack on Iran was paused, signals possible nuclear deal- Middle East conflict
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that he had paused a planned attack on Iran after Tehran sent a peace proposal to Washington. He said th...
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić narrowly escaped a potentially dangerous situation when his vehicle lost a wheel while traveling to Mokrin. Local authorities have launched an investigation to determine the cause of the incident.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić narrowly escaped a potentially dangerous situation when the vehicle he was traveling in lost a wheel while en route to the village of Mokrin, located in the North Banat District of Vojvodina. The incident, which occurred during his routine journey, raised concerns, though Vučić was unharmed.
According to the president, the vehicle’s wheel issue may have been caused by a damaged or burst tire. He stated that local authorities would investigate the incident to determine its exact cause. "Whether it was a damaged or burst tire, as I suspect, or something else, the relevant authorities will have to determine. They will do so. I arrived in Mokrin and switched to another car," Vučić explained following the incident.
While there are suspicions surrounding the cause of the mishap, including the possibility of foul play, Serbian officials have not confirmed any intentional act. The potential for an assassination attempt has not been ruled out, although there is currently no concrete evidence to support such a claim.
Vučić’s swift recovery from the incident and his calm reassurances have helped to quell immediate concerns. Local security services are continuing their investigation, but for now, the situation remains under close scrutiny as authorities work to uncover the full details.
This incident has drawn attention to the ongoing security challenges faced by high-profile figures, highlighting the need for constant vigilance even during seemingly routine travel. The investigation continues as Vučić and local authorities await further information.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), warning that the situation poses a significant risk of cross-border spread in Central Africa.
Eurovision Song Contest once again proved how unpredictable its outcome can be, with Bulgaria’s Dara turning a late surge into a dominant win while several expected contenders collapsed early. At the same time, the absence of the South Caucasus region from the final raised questions.
European Union negotiators are expected to agree on Tuesday (19 May) on legislation removing import duties on U.S. industrial goods, in a move aimed at implementing last year’s trade agreement with the United States and avoiding higher tariffs threatened by U.S. President Donald Trump.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday (May 18) he was "concerned" about Ebola but noted that the virus remains confined to Africa for now.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia and China are prepared to support each other on issues linked to sovereignty and national unity, ahead of his visit to Beijing for talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Samsung Electronics and its South Korean union have narrowed some differences, a mediator in their talks said on Tuesday, as pressure mounts from the government and business groups to avert an imminent and damaging lengthy strike.
Start your day informed with the AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top stories for the 19th of May, covering the latest developments you need to know.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment