Kazakhstan concludes first Kurultai election with turnout at 74.19%
Kazakhstan has concluded its first election to the new unicameral Kurultai, with turnout reaching 74.19 per cent, as vote counting begins following...
King Charles and Queen Camilla will pay a state visit to Italy and the Holy See in early April and will meet Pope Francis to mark celebrations for 2025 Catholic Holy Year, Buckingham Palace announced on Thursday.
The trip will involve engagements in Rome and Ravenna, the Palace said, "celebrating the strong bilateral relationship between Italy and the United Kingdom".
It will be the 17th official visit by Charles to Italy and the first overseas trip for the British monarch this year as he continues to undergo treatment for cancer.
Full details of the trip have not yet been released by the palace, but British media reported that it would include a visit to the Vatican's Sistine Chapel and the timing would coincide with the 20th wedding anniversary of Charles and Camilla, who married on April 9, 2005.
Their wedding took place the day after the funeral of Pope John Paul II, which Charles attended as then heir to the throne.
Charles, who as British king is the supreme governor of the Church of England which split from Rome in 1534, has previously met Francis, the head of the Catholic Church, during visits to Italy in 2017 and 2019. In the past, he also met Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI.
His mother, Queen Elizabeth, also visited the Holy See in 2000 during the last Catholic Jubilee year.
Iran on Saturday denounced U.S. plans to announce new sanctions that could put further strain on the Islamic Republic's economy and have an impact on its most important trading partners including China.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran was not ready to make what he called the "right deal" with Washington as tensions persisted over the war and the Strait of Hormuz.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 22nd of August, covering the latest developments.
The Democratic Republic of Congo is set to receive 70,000 doses of the Ebola vaccine Ervebo as health authorities race to contain what has become the country's largest Ebola outbreak on record.
Kazakhstanis went to the polls on Sunday in a snap parliamentary election held under the country’s new constitutional system, which replaces the former two-chamber parliament with a single 145-seat legislature known as the Kurultai.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
Syria expects negotiations with Israel over a security agreement to resume soon despite deep mistrust between the two sides, Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani said in an interview with Reuters, urging Israel to seize an "historic opportunity" as the door for diplomacy is open.
India's Coast Guard and Navy continued search-and-rescue operations off the eastern coast on Sunday after a Panama-flagged cargo vessel carrying 24 crew sank, with two Chinese nationals rescued, a senior official said.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment