Why Ukraine is targeting Wildberries warehouses in Russia
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes ai...
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said it targeted three tankers and stopped them in Iran's southern waters early on Wednesday. It also announced a ballistic missile attack on two U.S. bases in Jordan.
“A few hours ago, three offending tankers, which continued to sail in an unsafe and illegal direction despite our warnings, were hit and stopped. The IRGC Navy warns once again that the illegal interventions and orders and prohibitions of the child-killing U.S. military against vessels in the region will not go unanswered,” the force said in a statement.
According to the Sepah News website, which publishes statements from the Revolutionary Guards, the IRGC Aerospace Force also targeted a U.S. airbase and a central command in Jordan with ballistic missiles.
“As long as threats against the Islamic Republic of Iran continue and illegal and vicious actions by American forces against our interests continue, the resistance will continue. Threats by American officials and illegal interventions against our interests shall stop.”
The strikes on the U.S. bases in Jordan, which Iran had reportedly been targeting over the past two weeks, along with the attacks on the vessels, came after three days of relative calm in the tit-for-tat exchanges between the Iranian and U.S. militaries.
The attacks coincided with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to Washington, his first since the Israeli-U.S. war against Iran five months ago.
Reports suggest U.S. President Donald Trump has been dissatisfied with Israeli intelligence's optimistic assessments of the invasion's expected success, including predictions that Iran's government would fall within days following the joint military invasion on 28 February.
Meanwhile, the spokesperson for the Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters warned that any company or country receiving money from frozen Iranian assets would not be allowed to transit through the strategically important Strait of Hormuz.
According to the Defa Press website, which covers Iran's military and defence news, Ebrahim Zolfaghari criticised U.S. President Donald Trump's threat to compensate vessels damaged during the war using Iran's blocked assets.
“We hereby declare to all companies and countries that choose to accept Trump's proposal and make use of Iran's frozen assets under this pretext that the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran will not permit any of their vessels to transit the Strait of Hormuz.”
The warning from the joint operational command of Iran's Armed Forces followed a post by the U.S. president on Truth Social, in which he said any future damage to ships, cargo or related maritime assets would be paid for using Iranian funds held by the United States.
Last week, Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi strongly condemned Trump's proposal in a post on X, describing it as an "incendiary precedent".
"Seizing another nation's assets to pay for unrelated future claims is an incendiary precedent. Those who celebrate or profit from such funds should remember: once governments normalize confiscation, no one's assets are safe.”
“Ensuing chaos will not be pretty or peaceful," Iran's top diplomat added.
At least 11 people were killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, among the deadliest since a June ceasefire. Meanwhile, Qatar denied holding Iranian pilots. It said it had found the remains of one pilot after an airspace violation and had contacted Iran to coordinate a handover.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes aim to disrupt alleged military-linked supplies, while the attacks have caused billions of dollars in losses and wider economic pressure.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Britain will continue to support Ukraine “100 per cent” against Russia’s invasion, Prime Minister Andy Burnham said on Tuesday, after Moscow warned London of consequences over reports that British-made drones had been used in strikes on Russian territory.
Russia has summoned Japan’s ambassador to Moscow and delivered a strong protest over what it called “anti-Russian” remarks by Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi and Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi concerning four disputed islands.
Pakistan is turning to more U.S. crude as disruption around the Strait of Hormuz exposes the risks of its heavy reliance on Gulf energy supplies.
U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) Commander Xavier Brunson visited South Korea's Defence Ministry on Tuesday to discuss plans to scale back the joint Ulchi Freedom Shield military exercise, according to media reports.
European countries are stepping up investment in drones and counter-drone technology as unmanned systems reshape modern warfare, driving demand for new production and capabilities across the continent.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment